The second Monday in February is International Epilepsy Day. More than 130 countries are coming together to spread epilepsy awareness. I encourage you to join this global effort by promoting awareness and sharing why epilepsy is more than just seizures.
To kick it off, here is mine!
Epilepsy is more than just worrying when the next storm will strike. It’s about proving to everyone that one thing doesn’t define you. It’s about fighting and advocating for yourself and for others who face the same struggles.
It’s about pushing through the pain and exhaustion. It’s about showing others that you are just as strong, just as smart, and just as talented. You can do the same thing anyone else can. You might just need to go about it a different way, but there is no stopping you. Epilepsy might be a part of you, but it isn’t who you are.
Today is International Epilepsy Day! Help spread epilepsy awareness by getting #EpilepsyDay to trend on social media sites. To get involved, please consider doing one of the following (or all) for the Epilepsy Foundation.
- Share a photo with you holding an International Epilepsy Day sign on social media using the hashtag #EpilepsyDay. Tag @IntEpilepsyDay and @EpilepsyFdn in your tweets.
- Post your photos on Epilepsy Foundation’s Facebook wall and tag them on Instagram.
- Post a video on TikTok.
- Use the #EpilepsyDay badge or on your social media profiles and share why epilepsy is more than seizures for you.
- Change the header photos on your social media accounts. Download social media graphics here.
- Create your own epilepsy awareness video to share on social media during #EpilepsyDay.
- Share Seizure First Aid posters which exist in multiple languages!